Answered By: Lora Cowell Last Updated: May 01, 2015 Views: 13
EBSCO eBooks can be read online in the eBook Viewer by clicking book cover or the eBook Full Text link on the Result List. Please note that the viewer requires a PDF browser plugin. If you are using an older version of Safari, you will need to install this.
In the top...
of the eBook Viewer, you can click the Back, New Search, or Exit links to check in the eBook after you have finished viewing it.
On the right side...
you'll find a table of contents.
On the left side...
you'll note tools that allow you to search within the text of the eBook and save a note on the eBook in your My EBSCOhost folder (requires that you set up a personal account). These include:
- Click the magnifying glass icon to search for terms within the eBook.
- Click the note icon to create a note about the eBook or a page of the eBook and save it to your personal folder.
- Click the dictionary icon to search for definitions of words in the eBook you are reading.
At the bottom...
The icons above will allow you to choose the following (in order from left to right):
- fit page to the Ebsco viewer.
- fit width of the page to the viewing area (scroll up and down page required).
- fit the entire page to screen.
- zoom out.
- zoom in.
- Use the page navigation arrows to move up or down one page at a time or enter a page number in the field provided and click Go.
Note that books in EPUBfile format provide you with the ability to modify font for easier readability on a variety of devices (ereaders, smart phones, tablets, etc.). If the book you are reading is in EPUB format, you will only have the option to fit page to screen, zoom in and zoom out.